Monday, June 11, 2012

The Boobie Debate

I am hoping by time you're having children this will be a long distant memory and breastfeeding will be commonplace. But right now it's a topic divided.

I am currently nursing you, though it was a hard road. I tell you this not to make you feel bad or get sympathy, but so that when the day comes you'll know that I truly do know the struggles and challenges. This is one topic you shouldn't right mom off on. There were times I hurt so bad I cried while feeding you but I was determined and I'm singled I stuck with it. Today it's the best part of my day (and now we can't get you to take a bottle).

All over the country people are arguing wether it should be done in public, for how long, and who it benefits beyond a year. I hope that research and common sense prevails over the closed minded opinions.


Breastfeeding has become the most amazing thing I have every done (second to birthing you). My milk, and my milk alone, is sustaining your ever growing little body and mind. It is pretty amazing to think about. I hope we can continue this until you decide your don't need it any longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment