Saturday, October 20, 2012

1/2 a year later ...

It's been (a little over) 6 months since we first heard you cry and my how you have changed! A list of the milestones just so we have them

4 months: Rolling over both directions, getting up on all fours (but not sure what to do next), 2 teeth
5 months: Up on all fours rocking, Sitting without support
6 months: Crawling (you started this on your 6 month birthday), pulling up



and today (a week shy of 7 months) you started cruising down the furniture and me.

It's crazy how different of a person you are. You're best friend (sorry, I hand picked her for you) was born a few days ago and just seeing the difference 6 short months makes.

(Madison, 6.5 months; Charlotte, 3 days)

We've been busy teaching you how to use your large and small muscles, grasp, stand, crawl, talk. There's been many things you've taught us along the way. The most important lesson I've learned is that clocks don't matter. We'll get up when we get up, we'll leave when we leave, and we'll get there when we get there. Schedules are over rated. Not to be cliche, but stop and smell the roses - or feel the grass beneath your bare feet, or lick the wind (my favorite thing you do), or just look out a window like you've never seen what's on the other side before, because for you, you never have. I think you've been good for you Dad too. He's been more patient, kind, and forgiving. He thinks about things differently, we both do. Before saying or doing, we ask ourselves if it's something we want to teach you. The presidential debate is in full swing these days and while you hear all the time "Which candidate would be good for your child's future?" I've taken a more, "Which candidate would I want my child to learn to be like?" approach.

As always, we love you. You are the love of our lives and I do not know what I would do without you around.

One more, because you're just too darn cute!
(Your first bubble bath - I tell you only because I'm sure you'll do it and feel awful, as a you survived - this picture was taken seconds before you face planted into the bubbles. I felt awful! Dad was taking the pictures, he is not to blame.)

Alright, 2 more.

Mommy's sassy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment